Saturday, March 27, 2010

Yum Yum Dim Sum - Cheap Ethnic Eatz Meet-Up

My girlfriend and I went to a Dim Sum event hosted by friends in the CheapEthnicEatz Meet-Up.  The event was held at Ruby Rouge on Clark, near Viger in Montreal's Chinatown.  For those who have never experience Dim Sum it's basically a Chinese style brunch best shared with a large group who can decide which of the authentic Chinese comfort food plates to take as they come quickly by on serviced push carts or adventurous groups who are willing to put their culinary experience at the hands of a trusty (hopefully Chinese) aficionado of the cuisine.  The cuisine is usually about comfort food despite the exoticness of the ingredients or preparation and can actually go along way at curing the hangover from a night of drink and merriment.

While doing a pit stop at the nearby Chinese bakeries I hit up a Chinese trinket store and scored me a small porcelain figure of the "good luck" cat that I often refer to as the "pwn-kitty".  I am not totally sure what they symbolize but I see them in a lot of Asian run establishments so I assume it's some luck or fortune mythological figure.  A lot of the times they often have a motorized right arm that's constantly patting up and down much like the way a cat pats its felled prey - thus the term "pwn-kitty".  Anyhow I thought it would be an appropriate desk ornament for work colleague who is pretty adept at pwning noobs like me in Counter Strike.  This one's yours, Dave, Monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment