Saturday, March 27, 2010

My Dog Ate It - Xtra Large Wubba, Tire Biter

I adopted a pit bull terrier mix last July and she is a lot of work.  She is a high energy dog who has my girlfriend and I constantly looking for the "one" toy that she can happily work at (gnaw) for hours with out falling apart or be just plain devoured by my dog's notoriously powerful jaws.  Here's a couple of her newest toys and how they did.

Kong's Mega (Xtra-Large) Wubba
 So this toy is shaped much like its hard rubber hand-sized version but covered in heavy canvas with 4 long tassels.  She loved the toy probably because it's the size of a small dog and for the first few days she was running her self tired.  She ran up and down our long hall way with Wubba in mouth occasionally giving it the throttle.  But then she'd get bored and start gnawing at its heavy canvas lining and eventually working an opening.  This picture was taken not even a day after we purchased it for 30$ CAN and it already had a nice worn tear.  Defintiely not a toy you can leave lying around, my girlfriend often removes it from her when she's done throttling back and forth.

Paw Track's Tire Biter
We bought this one for her last fall but despite a lot of coaxing and filling it full of food she only recently discovered she can tear this heavy red rubber to shreds.  Once she got into tearing pieces off of the toy it still probably took her a week or so to get a third of a side face off.  Fortunately for us she didn't take to digesting rubber and spat out the red chunks of tire.  Even more fortunate for my girlfriend and I is its 9$ CAN price tag.

1 comment:

  1. LoL @ Hannah. When babysitting her I was sitting at the computer with her at my feet. A few minutes later, I head this little tiny voice that sounded like a muffled radio was playing somewhere. I searched and searched your house only to discover Hannah in her bed with your Stewie dolls head stuffed in her mouth ... AHHHH!! I made sure she had one of her chew toys at all times after that. On a side note, no harm came to Stewie. He recovered nicely from the puppy drool.

    ReplyDelete