Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Nikopol : Secrets of the Ancients Review Delayed by PC Fail

So I was pretty excited to play the new game I picked up from Steam but realize late last night that my gaming PC required some maintenance.  I had loaded the game up and it insta-crashed when I hovered my mouse over an interface item.  I noticed the other night too it had crashed unexpectedly on another game I was reviewing.  I assumed it was Steam related but confirmed my wrongness when I got it to crash on the NVIDIA 3D check utility.  When I finally realized it was crashing on graphics intensive processes I figured maybe I had let the dust bunny population go rampant too long inside my PC.  After some quick work with a paint brush on the heat sinks I did a quick 3D test on the NVIDIA utility to confirm my suspicions.  Cull the bunnies. Do it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment