Friday, April 9, 2010

Round Up Friday

Week's been busy at work - more tickets to resolve but with Friday finally at my doorstep and me finally at my keyboard for leisure a few things still knocking around my head and I have a glass of Glenfiddich to finish.

Quotes of the Week
 "...and the score is no tardis, no screwdriver, and two minutes to spare. WHO DA MAN? Oh... I'm not saying that again..." - Doctor Who (Matt Smith), The Eleventh Hour

"Hello. I'm the Doctor. Basically... Run." - Doctor Who (Matt Smith), The Eleventh Hour

Pligg Installation
So I'm installing a Pligg instance for a friend as a favor and my initial impressions of Pligg's dev group is "Wow and I thought I was a noob".  I ran into a problem regarding user registration on the instance and after reinstalling twice (on their suggestion in the forums) with no success and reading the forums over and over again I'm pretty shocked at how some group could constantly pass the buck on this critical function on their CMS package.  For that the dev/support group of Pligg gets a "FUCKYOU" from me.  Oh and Pligg please stop telling me to do things twice in  your "readme" setup file. Fuck you. Fuck you.

Gaming Rig Back Up And Running - Almost
After my Windows 7 gaming computer video card blew an on board capacitor, an E bay purchase and trip to Bureau En Gros later she's up and running again with a little more video graphics kick and a lot more hard drive space to boot.  I ended up replacing that busted NVIDIA 7600GT AGP card with an ATI HD3650 AGP card and replacing a previously busted 120 GB SATA drive with a 500 GB WD Blue Caviar drive.

The extra drive space was to support my growing habit of purchasing Steam games.  Unfortunately moving my Steam folder was a little bit of a work out getting most of my previously installed games to work under a new video card.  Manage to get most of my favorites back up except for Trine and Vampire - The Masquerade: Bloodlines.  More forum trolling to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment